The lightning fast print service
provider that utilizes the industry standard LPD protocol to transfer
print jobs from remote UNIX hosts.
Printers can now be easily shared between
Windows and UNIX.
AlphaLPD is compatible with most UNIX systems
that use LPD services including SCO
OpenServer, Linux, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, and more.
- Provides functionality not found in Windows NT or 2000's TCP print services
- Text file conversions
- Multiple printer configuration
- Simultaneous printing
- Buffered print capabilities to prevent overflow
- DOS/UNIX text mode mapping
- Immediate, high speed, reliable, one-directional printing
- Full implementation of UNIX LPD for the Windows Winsock 1.1
- Configure to print to all ports present on a Windows PC simultaneously
- Accommodates multiple print requests from multiple UNIX hosts or Windows PCs
- Requires less than 4MB of disk space
Note: This product comes with AlphaCom for the
same price and is only packaged separately for those customers that
do not use terminal emulation.
If you require terminal emulation, please go to the AlphaCom product page to purchase AlphaCom with AlphaLPD
at the same price.
Any UNIX or other host/printer that supports standard LPD
Windows 7/Vista/XP/200x/NT/ME/98SE running TCP/IP
of hard disk space